June 6, 2004

The weather cleared today so Sandy and I got right on the concrete project. The mixing went well and although the mixer didn't seem to mind the load we both tired quickly handling that much rock, sand, and portland cement. We tried tinting the cement but unfortunately we ran out of it before we finished so the top of the step is not the same shade as the step. But plans now are to try the new concrete stain product that we have read about and hopefully that will correct our slight problem. As soon as we had the step troweled smooth and picked up I went to work on the screen door. I installed the screen and nailed on the screen molding. Then a little bit of filler in the nail holes and another coat of paint made it ready for installation tomorrow.

Current Project Page

Main Page

Next Page