September 16, 2003

As I mentioned in a previous update the showy work is over. Tonight I worked most of the time casing the west door. I used a piece of 5/4 cedar decking so that it would be think enough to install a combination door that we removed from the house a number of years ago. The project included cutting the siding off above the door and then sliding the drip cap up behind the siding. Then I replaced the strip of siding and nailed the head piece over the spliced piece.

As soon as the door was finished I worked on more of the soffit. Tonight I cut in three of the 12 vents that will complete the roof ventilation system. These vents will represent 50% of the total vent space, the roof ventilators at the ridge will take care of the remainder.

Current Project Page

Main Page

Next Page