September 30, 2004

I finally got to do some demolition today, and this single picture really does represent the nights work. I started by removing the remaining shelves that were attached to the warm room on the shop side. Then I pulled the exterior sheathing off the two sides. I had used scrap material for this project so everything that came off it went right to the fire pile. The exception was the fiberglass insulation, which I will use in the garage attic of the new shop. The insulation pulled out easily and then I ripped off the interior wall and ceiling material. The picture above shows the enclosure with all the studs removed except the corner post. I removed it next and the ceiling collapsed against the wall. As I mentioned, all the material went right to the fire pile.

Current Project Page

Main Page