October 13, 2005

Tonight I finished up the deck rails, and am very pleased with the way they turned out. I started by cutting the conduit to length, deburring the cut, and then masekd and painted the ends so that they would not rust. The conduit is galvanized and we noticed that our electrical service that is almost 10 years old has not showed signs of rust so am optomistic that these rails will hold up well.

The picture below shows the conduit support screwed in place. I used 2-1/2" stainless steel screws and finish washers to hold them in place. I wanted them removable in the event that I need to replace the conduit.

Current Project Page

Main Page

Next Page